31.10.12

What is UUSTUUS?

This one is in english, just to make it easy on EVERYONE (as I see on the google analytics - people from all over the world are suffering google translating my estonian slang).

So I think I just need to speak about the basics.

Firstly, who I am and what I do? My name is Helene (Estonia based, born 1985) and I have been in the creative advertising for years, doing all sorts of stuff from ideas to tv ad productions, gaining awards and criticism, visiting Cannes and Eurobest, teaching here and there and even being a jury. Some of my most famous works are Giant teeth installation and FIZZ Cider ads. But I graduated from Estonian Art Academy as a graphic designer, so I'm absolutely into making logos, branding and typography kind of things too. But that's not all of it, I write music, play some piano&guitar and sing, my artist name is Antonina (she was my kickass grand-grand mother in Russia - Kursk). BUT THAT'S NOT ALL TOO. I'm into designing accessories, so I have released Superwoman tights, President Dolls wooden jewellery, poem-shirts collection and adjustable pug rings set. PLUS write columns for magazines and cooperate in all sorts of projects that need my help, like selling stuff at flea markets, being freelance model and actress and whatever else fun. Ehh I even gave a Tallinn TEDx speech once.

Why the blog? Uustuus means new-cool. For years I had this folder on my old PC where I collected all the coolest ideas on DIY, fashion, decor or techincs. Then the internet grew even bigger and I started gathering cool links in my bookmarks bar. Ofcourse I know A LOT of people and I was always chating and e-mailing to different frends "oh check this new cool thing out - oh check that new cool thing out". And then I went like "hell, it would be so much easier to just put this stuff all together online so I can access it wherever and whenever I want" so I just made this place as an archive of everything cool that I find. One day I just checked the page's stats and found out that I have thousands of readers and went all WTF and happy.

Social media wise I not only blog, but also have a twitter, chictopia, pinterest, bloglovin, weheartit, instagram - basically the full package. If you don't find links on the side of this page, you'll find em there: http://flavors.me/helvetika

For some years I went under the nickname Xelene, but when I started studying design I jumped up every time a tutor called font name Helvetica, as it always reminded my of my real name -  Helene Vetik. And I just took it. Helvetika. I also go by this blog name UusTuus too.

Anyway if you have any proposals or questions, don't grab a pen, but type me an e-mail to uustuus gmail. I'm quite sure I forgot something.

Now for some more egocentric pictures and a peek at my doings.











37 comments:

Nicole said...

hello.
I am interested in buying some of your pug ring.
how can I get some?
Thanks for your answer!

Helene Vetik said...

Hey again, you can now get them on etsy! :) I just opened a store yesterday, here you go: http://www.etsy.com/shop/helvetika Love <3

Anonymous said...

They nourish, rebuild and provide you with a telephone, an ANA blood test if you
have RA or Lupus. So I suggested that we are kept frozen for research purposes.
Often this symptom of lupus mimic common illnesses such as fever, malaise or unusual
symptoms should be noted that discoid lupus are living with inflammation and damage many
organs, and attempt to keep going?

My blog ... lupus treatment Hiram

Anonymous said...

The combined actions of this byproduct of cholesterol on the or those that can be controlled, system of weights tends to be the about vernacular component
in patients with a senior high school point.

Look into my web-site: you should go medicine cholesterol
Also see my web site :: you should go medicine cholesterol

Anonymous said...

And a faster cognize they're somewhere. So, lets search some impertinent ways to pull in money using bloggingThere are telephone number of slipway of earning on the baking Bed sheet and broil some other 15-20 minutes, flipping half way through. incision that, I my customer to send $800 via bank wire or Paypal.

my homepage: click here

Anonymous said...

Affiliate marketing has become highly democratic because these
forward as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye Thus fresh
as serpents, and harmless as doves.. Matthew 10:
16. A professional blogging Private instructor is individual mostly
the about SEO-concerned of all members of the team.
You can make more money from Blogging the locale was quite an big.


Also visit my web site click here

Anonymous said...

Need potsikud on küll Moshi (moshi.ee) ripoff? Neil täpselt samasuguses pakendis kehakoorijad, eestikeelsete tabavate nimedega ja ostsin juba 2 aastat tagasi sellise :/

Anonymous said...

In the time one normally requires their breakfast for the subsequent food, almost certainly lunch, there are several
hours that lapse, i.

Here is my page; Skip Navegação

Anonymous said...

For greater security particularly when you happen to be not organized with the matters, much
better have the fixed forms.

Feel free to surf to my weblog getfitnstrong.com

Anonymous said...

Attributes that even though will not be connected to pounds
reduction but can nevertheless be useful may also
be extra during this elliptical treadmill.

My blog post ... http://Getfitnstrong.com/bowflex-dumbbells/bowflex-sale-price/

Anonymous said...

They do should be treated thoroughly - you
do not need drop them.

Also visit my webpage adjustable dumbbell set

Anonymous said...

However, fact began to sink in after i observed the price.


Here is my page ... adjustable dumbbells

Anonymous said...

It unquestionably was a spiral staircase, equivalent that has a ladder
and knocked close to the Stairmaster.

my web page: Read A lot more

Anonymous said...

If you are wishing to speedily create a rocking overall body and wondered if the many chatter was accurate, surprise no additional.


Feel free to visit my site; bowflex selecttech dumbbells

Anonymous said...

That is just what you ought to do if you want to score a offer you're going to be proud of.

Also visit my blog :: adjustable weights

Anonymous said...

That is certainly the correct word - affordable
- not affordable or economical but inexpensive.


My page related resource site

Anonymous said...

Property fitness machines can be obtained across all value ranges
and can help people of all fitness and experience amounts accomplish
a fantastic training session every day.

Have a look at my webpage: adjustable weights

Anonymous said...

You'll be able to work out your higher body and decrease body mildly.

Stop by my website; dumbbell sets

Anonymous said...

You will not need to wait for your equipment, have individuals view you workout, or have
got a ton of weights inside your house.

Also visit my web page :: click the next site

Anonymous said...

Using a weight stack with pins signifies a heavy and cumbersome piece of products,
and no cost weights imply time misplaced adding and eliminating weights.


my site: simply click the next internet site

Anonymous said...

Their most well-known brand is Treadclimber, developed specifically
for walking workouts.

My weblog; dumbbells for sale

Anonymous said...

There are a ton of publications to the matter of ingesting appropriate, plus they all have some
validity.

Feel free to surf to my web page - http://www.getfitnstrong.com/bowflex-dumbbells/bowflex-adjustable-dumbbells/

Anonymous said...

Preferably, this should occur inside some minimum time frame to
avoid utilizing any extra from the body's restricted metabolic resources than vital, because individuals similar resources are required for recovery and growth.

Have a look at my blog post adjustable weights

Anonymous said...

Your whole body also can't emphasis on shedding all of that being pregnant weight without sufficient drinking water possibly.

Also visit my blog http://www.getfitnstrong.com/adjustable-dumbbells/weight-sets-sale/

Anonymous said...

Also, static teaching by alone is simply not plenty of.


Here is my blog post; visit the following post

Anonymous said...

Not simply does it supply a terrific exercise routine, it eradicates most of the
don and tear on your joints.

Review my web site; please click the following page

Anonymous said...

You will get more courses too; 12 including 1 Heart Level Control, and 2
user-defined.

my page ... similar internet site

Anonymous said...

Coaching gear companies several a long time ago started to
experiment with new thoughts, churning out another massive unit that
will boost physical fitness in order that they
might not get left guiding inside the aggressive industry.


Look into my page - free weights for sale used

Anonymous said...

Seeing that the retail cost for this established of
dumbbells is about equivalent with anything you pays for virtually any
other superior top quality dumbbell established, you should only go along with this bulkier product or service in case the room saving structure appeals to you personally otherwise you want anything bulkier
and heavier.

Also visit my weblog :: weights and dumbbells for sale

Anonymous said...

The exceptional movement of the Bowflex Treadclimber continues to
be demonstrated in independent studies to burn more calories in the same level of time as it would
on the conventional treadmill operating within the exact same pace.


Here is my web-site :: cheap dumbbell sets

Anonymous said...

Dumbbells are versatile, inexpensive pieces of exercise machines which can
be employed to operate any muscle mass team.


My blog post cheap bowflex selecttech 552 dumbbells

Anonymous said...

It's hard to come by well-informed people on this topic, however, you sound like you know what you're talking about!
Thankѕ

Τake a lоok at my blog ... make money online

Anonymous said...

To alter the burden from the Bowflex 552 you only really have to convert the dial on both equally ends with the
Bowflex SelectTech on the sought after fat and ensure you listen to the reassuring simply click that lets you realize that
the Bowflex 552 has locked into the excess weight that you simply have
selected.

Feel free to visit my web page :: bowflex hand weights

Anonymous said...

Education as well often slows down the muscle building approach and
you'll also end up using a significant damage also.

Feel free to visit my blog post :: click the up coming website

Anonymous said...

If, after six weeks, you decide the Bowflex Final two is not functioning for you personally,
you'll get a total refund (considerably less the shipping and dealing with fees) once you return the system.

my website; Skip Navigation

Anonymous said...

Saѵed as a fаѵоrite, I rеally like your
ωeb site!

Alsо νіsit my web blog gardening

jewelry said...

i love your blog,wow awesome Definitely following!!,here is my loved blog,i think maybe you are love too:

Crystal Jewelry
Pearl Jewelry
black tahitian pearl

Keep in touch,best wish for you.